Radical Compassion Workshop: Actively Loving Ourselves and Our World – register here
February 28, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm America/Pacific_Time
Registration closes at 9:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) on February 28, 2021. A waiting list will be created if it fills early. Continuing Education Credits? (see details below).
A Benefit for Spirit Rock and Insight Meditation Community (IMCW) of Washington, DC
The medicine our world calls for is compassion; we need to love ourselves and each other into healing and freedom. While compassion arises naturally, the flowering of full, mature compassion—Radical Compassion—requires training.
This workshop offers a powerful tool for cultivating compassion. Using the RAIN meditation we will directly awaken the four dimensions of Radical Compassion—mindfulness, embodied presence, active caring and all-inclusiveness. Beginning with our inner life, we’ll explore widening the circles of compassion through a sequence of short talks, guided meditations, and interpersonal meditations and reflections. The day will include time for questions and sharing.
*Important Note: As this is a much-needed Benefit for Spirit Rock and IMC, our online-only ‘no one turned away for lack of funds’ policy is not available for this program. Questions: email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Utilize Buddhist mindfulness and compassion practices in addressing fear, grief, anger and shame;
- Describe the contra-indications of various attentional strategies in addressing traumatic fear;
- Explain meditative strategies that address interpersonal conflict;
- Describe the components that comprise compassion and the difference between compassion and empathy.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- If you are interested in receiving continuing education credits (CECs), you must register and pay for CECs prior to the start of the program (no retroactive CECs will be given). CEC participants must fulfill the attendance requirement by attending the session live, as CEC credits are not available for watching the recording only.
For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.