We all have some undercurrent of fear running through daily life. We may worry about losing our health and mental lucidity; losing others we love; losing our job or reputation. In our daily trance of fear, our mind can spin endless stories about bad things that might happen, and how to avoid them.
Often we try to control things by pointing fingers of blame at others or at ourselves. We become, as a meditation teacher once said, “a bundle of tense muscles defending our existence.” We may not even notice this armor, because it feels like such a familiar part of who we are. It blocks us from living fully and from relating to others with spontaneity, ease and openheartedness.
This course shows how every one of us can find reliable inner resources of safety, strength and connection. Drawing on these resources, we can stay present when fear arises and meet the situation bravely, wisely, with interest and care. We learn to respond, rather than react.
By cultivating mindfulness and self-compassion, we are able not only to face the fear; we transform our entire experience of it. We awaken from the trance and touch true peace. We finally live from the wholeness of our being—from our full intelligence and love.
Who this course is for:
• Anyone who feels plagued by fear or anxiety
• Anyone struggling with sleeplessness (insomnia)
• Everyone who wants to feel more connected with themselves and others
• Anyone longing to speak and live their truth
• Everyone who wants to experience greater freedom in life
What you’ll learn:
• How to meet challenges with courage and wisdom
• Understand why trying to avoid fear is a losing strategy
• Distinguish healthy concern from being caught in fear’s trance
• See how anxiety can fuel addictive and compulsive behaviors
• Mindfulness strategies for relaxation and improved sleep