Meditation and Support in the Metro DC-VA-MD Area:
- Mindful Events with Jonathan Foust
- Insight Meditation Community of Washington (classes, daylongs and residential retreats)
- IMCW Teachers
Residential, Online and Home Retreats:
- Creating a Home Retreat: Finding Freedom Wherever You Are [FREE Half Day Retreat Included]
- Bhavana Society, Forest Monastery and Retreat Center, West Virginia
- Insight Meditation Society, Forest Refuge and Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, Barre, MA
- Southern Dharma Meditation Center, Hot Springs, NC
- Spirit Rock Meditation Center, Marin County, CA
Mindfulness in Education:
- Inward Bound Mindfulness Education (iBme): Transformative Retreats & Programs for Teens, Parents & Professionals
- MINDS: A non-profit dedicated to making DC-area schools more conscious and compassionate learning environments by teaching mindfulness-based practices to students, educators, and parents.
Audio Dharma Resources:
- Dharma Seed Library, the Archival Center of Western Buddhist Vipassana Teachings, offers online streaming audio or downloading capacity to the teachings of the Buddha.
- Seattle Insight Meditation Society
- Insight Meditation Community, Redwood City, CA
Other Websites of Interest:
- Telesangha – a daily meditation and mindfulness program
- Insight Timer – meditate with people from all over the world!
- “Access to Insight” Website, Readings in Theravada Buddhism.
- BuddhaNet, Buddhist Education and Information Network
- Buddhist Peace Fellowship
- “Inquiring Mind” – Buddhist Journal with a national listing of retreats and sitting groups